VAST seeks a highly-motivate and friendly Service Center Account Administrator to join their team in Marquette, MI. The Account Administrator is responsible for providing prompt, accurate, and courteous support services to clients and co-workers. The essential functions of the position include service to advisors and clients by handing policy inquiries, changes and billing inquiries over the telephone or electronically.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support to Account Managers and Advisor; specifically, in assisting with client coverage changes.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies Account Manager and/or Advisor(s) according to agency standards.
- Assists Account Manager with making coverage changes in an automated environment supported by transactional filing; determines if delayed or advanced billing is appropriate and invoices accordingly.
- Assists Account Manager in submitting first reports of claims, obtaining adjustors or visits from agency staff; facilitates prompt response from carrier staff and follows-up on claims status to keep clients informed and to work toward settlement of all claims; uses each claim contact as an occasion to review coverages and market as needed.
- Reviews audits of policies, verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Processes and follows-up on cancellation requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals as needed for account review.
- Processes new policies, renewals, endorsements, claim update and non-pay notices.
- Provides certificates, EPI, Auto ID cards
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate process of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Adheres to Zero Backlog procedures.
- Adheres to High Performance Team Contract.
VAST puts great value in the Account Administrator position by offering a highly competitive wage in exchange for knowledge and experience, as well as an excellent benefits package.
- Complies with continuing education requirements for agent licensing as well as professional designations.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Collaboration Skills
- Technical Capacity.
Demonstrate strong PC skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of Agency Management Systems and Acrisure Resources.
Must be organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task and be efficient with verbal and written communication skills. Must also have the ability to work with others. Must have a high level of problem-solving skills. Maintain a professional image.
- Work is done in a temperature controlled, non-smoking office environment.
- Work stations are open-aired cubicles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- There may be some travel associated with this position.
- High level of interpersonal or informational complexity is faced.
- Subject to many interruptions.
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to access all areas of the VAST offices.
- Ability to access all areas of clients’ facilities and grounds.
- Requires some lifting, pulling, pushing, carrying.
- Ability to lift twenty (20) pounds.
- Ability to crouch, crawl, bend, stoop and climb.
- Prolonged periods of sitting.
- Occasional prolonged standing.
- High-level manual dexterity to operate all office machines and equipment.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly with interruptions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED WORK HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Travel is seldom and primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area overnight travel may be expected.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree or the recognized equivalent in education and experience is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in customer service or insurance related field is also required.
- Bachelor’s degree with one to three years of insurance related experience is preferred.
Must obtain Michigan Property & Casualty License within 30 to 90 days of employment.
APPLY ONLINE NOW!
ABOUT VAST: VAST is an insurance and risk management firm that was originally founded in 1885. The business has evolved over the past 130 years into the successful organization that is trusted today. VAST is proud to support the communities in which it works. VAST’s mission is to support those communities that support it. Learn more at vastsolution.com
NOTE: This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the work. The principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed.