VAST seeks a Benefits Account Manager to join their team in Marquette, MI. The Benefits Account Manager is responsible for providing prompt, accurate, and courteous support services to clients and co-workers. The essential functions of the position include service to advisors and clients by handing policy inquiries, changes, quotes and billing inquiries over the telephone or electronically.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support to Advisor; specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Schedule appointments with clients as requested.
- Accompany Advisor on prospect and client meetings when requested.
- Actively seeks referrals from the current client base.
- Refers current and prospective clients to the Commercial Department and to Personal Insurance for solicitation of those lines of business.
- Maintain workflow and meet deadlines.
- Consult with Advisor as needed.
- Rate life, health, disability, annuity, and long-term care quotations.
- Review quotes to ensure they match the benefits requested on the RFP.
- Complete and properly fill out application paperwork and group-wide change information for the company.
- Creates spreadsheets for accuracy.
- Prepares proposals and ensures all documents are included.
- Prepares enrollment packets and ensures they contain requested items.
- Attend client enrollment meetings with Advisor when requested.
- Oversee “scrubbing” of all enrollment applications.
- Direct transition from one carrier to another.
- Verification of accuracy of client plan documents.
- Maintain updating renewals in the agency management system.
- Document in the agency management system.
- Educate and encourage utilization of VAST solutions such as HR360, etc.
- Handle requests by clients, carriers, immediate notify COO/CCO and/or Advisor of escalated issues.
- Handle life, disability, and health claims.
- Maintain awareness of new developments or changes with the various carriers and new Federal/State Laws that may affect how our client must administer their benefits programs, communicate information to the client and team members – attend or conduct online training as requested.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship and rapport with each Advisor and carrier.
- Adheres to Zero Accounts Receivable and Zero Backlog procedures.
- Adheres to High-Performance Team Contract.
VAST puts great value in the Account Administrator position by offering a highly competitive wage in exchange for knowledge and experience, as well as an excellent benefits package.
- Complies with continuing education requirements for agent licensing as well as professional designations.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
- Business acumen.
- Communication proficiency
- Customer/client focus.
Demonstrate strong PC skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of Agency Management Systems and Acrisure Resources. Knowledge of HRIS systems preferred.
Must be organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task and be efficient with verbal and written communication skills. Must also have the ability to work with others. Must have a high level of problem-solving skills. Maintain a professional image.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office environment.
- Work stations are open-aired cubicles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- There may be some travel associated with this position.
- High level of interpersonal or informational complexity is faced.
- Subject to many interruptions.
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to access all areas of the VAST offices.
- Ability to access all areas of clients’ facilities and grounds.
- Requires some lifting, pulling, pushing, carrying.
- Ability to lift twenty (20) pounds.
- Ability to crouch, crawl, bend, stoop and climb.
- Prolonged periods of sitting.
- Occasional prolonged standing.
- High-level manual dexterity to operate all office machines and equipment.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly with interruptions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED WORK HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Travel is seldom and primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area overnight travel may be expected.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree or the recognized equivalent in education and experience is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in customer service or insurance-related field is also required.
- Bachelor’s degree with one to three years of insurance-related experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the different types of insurance policies available preferred.
Must obtain Michigan Life, Health and Accident License within 30 to 90 days of employment.
APPLY ONLINE AT VAST.HIRESCORE.COM.
ABOUT VAST: VAST is an insurance and risk management firm that was originally founded in 1885. The business has evolved over the past 130 years into the successful organization that is trusted today. VAST is proud to support the communities in which it works. VAST’s mission is to support those communities that support it. Learn more at vastsolution.com
NOTE: This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the work. The principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed.