VAST seeks a Commercial Lines Account Manager to join their team in Marquette, MI. The Commercial Lines Account Manager is responsible for providing prompt, accurate, and courteous support services to clients and co-workers. The essential functions of the position include service to advisors and clients by handling policy inquiries, changes, quotes, and billing inquiries over the telephone or electronically.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support to Advisor; specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms, and quotations.
- Schedule appointments with clients as requested.
- Accompany Advisor on prospect and client meetings when requested.
- Actively seek referrals from the current client base.
- Order and issue binders, certificates, policies, endorsements, and other related items; verify accuracy and forward to the client with appropriate correspondence.
- Determine reasons for requests for cancellations; act to save accounts; notify Advisor(s) according to agency standards.
- Actively solicit increase in coverage and rounds accounts through sales to clients; leave good documentation of all contacts.
- Refer current and prospective clients to the Benefits Department and to Personal Insurance for solicitation of those lines of business.
- Assist clients with making coverage changes in an automated environment; use each contact with the client as an opportunity to review the whole account, round it, and market.
- Assist clients in submitting first reports of claims, facilitate prompt response from carrier staff, and follow-up on claims status to keep clients informed and to work toward settlement of all claims; use each claim contact as an occasion to review coverages and market as needed.
- Review audits of policies, verify accuracy, and facilitate corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Determine if direct or agency billing is appropriate and invoice accordingly.
- Process and follow-up on cancellation requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution.
- Review client contracts for insurance requirements. Compare to policy to ensure contract complies. Discuss discrepancies with client and submit changes to carrier.
- Identify exposure to loss and recommend appropriate coverages in coordination with Advisor
- Prepare summaries of insurance, schedules, and proposals as needed for account review.
- Request renewal quotes from insurance carrier, create renewal proposals, and handle other renewal activities in coordination with the Advisor.
VAST puts great value in the Account Administrator position by offering a highly competitive wage in exchange for knowledge and experience, as well as an excellent benefits package.
- Complies with continuing education requirements for agent licensing as well as professional designations.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverages, and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
- Business acumen.
- Communication proficiency
- Customer/client focus.
Demonstrate strong PC skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Must be organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and be efficient with verbal and written communication skills. Must also have the ability to work with others. Must have a high level of problem-solving skills. Maintain a professional image.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office environment.
- Work stations are open-aired cubicles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- There may be some travel associated with this position.
- High level of interpersonal or informational complexity is faced.
- Subject to many interruptions.
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to access all areas of the VAST offices.
- Ability to access all areas of clients’ facilities and grounds.
- Requires some lifting, pulling, pushing, carrying.
- Ability to lift twenty (20) pounds.
- Ability to crouch, crawl, bend, stoop, and climb.
- Prolonged periods of sitting.
- Occasional prolonged standing.
- High-level manual dexterity to operate all office machines and equipment.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly with interruptions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED WORK HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Travel is seldom and primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area overnight travel may be expected.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree or the recognized equivalent in education and experience is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in customer service or insurance-related field is also required.
- Bachelor’s degree with one to three years of insurance-related experience is preferred.
Must obtain Michigan Property & Casualty License within 30 to 90 days of employment.
APPLY ONLINE NOW.
ABOUT VAST: VAST is an insurance and risk management firm that was originally founded in 1885. The business has evolved over the past 130 years into the successful organization that is trusted today. VAST is proud to support the communities in which it works. VAST’s mission is to support those communities that support it. Learn more at vastsolution.com
NOTE: This posting is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the work. The principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed.