VAST seeks a Personal Risk Manager to join their team in Marquette, MI. The Personal Risk Manager is responsible for the production and client management of personal lines accounts. The essential functions of the position include soliciting, quoting and selling new Personal Lines. Continuing to counsel and market to existing clients professionally is another essential function of the position. Specific sales goals and responsibilities are determined during the yearly planning process for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and develops insurance prospects and appropriate markets.
- Prequalifies insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk.
- Creates and maintains client and prospect lists.
- Asks for referrals from clients to help generate new business.
- Develops a “Book of Business” that is profitable for both the agency and carriers.
- Responds to referrals quickly and effectively.
- Follows and participates in the Blue Process selling system
- Surveys loss exposures, needs and possible uninsurable or difficult to insure exposures for clients.
- Makes sales presentations to prospective and existing clients on new and renewal business.
- Completes applications and related documentation for submission to companies.
- Meets sales goals.
- Collects applicable down payments from clients for purchases of new and upgraded coverages and obtains signatures on all applications and supporting documentation for clients.
- Maintains production reports and participates in Sales Meetings.
- Acknowledges non-standard coverage limitations and binding restrictions to document file and lower errors and omissions exposures.
- Maintains knowledge of all carrier underwriting criteria, ratings procedures and marketing policy.
- Provides needed information and clarification about clients to company personnel.
- Follows-up on X-Dates to round accounts.
- Works with clients to ensure limit and coverage adequacy.
- Requests and delivers binders to clients.
- Educates clients concerning agency payment expectations and cancellation procedures.
- Continues to develop relationships with clients, COINS, prospects and Company representatives.
- Develops and maintains relationships with approved insurance carriers.
- Adheres to Zero Accounts Receivable procedure.
- Adheres to High Performance Team Contract.
- Maintain all client files in the agency management system with full policy detail and use the system for all transactions, notes and suspenses.
- Works with Claims Specialists with regard to processing claims.
- Assists clients with significant claims. Obtains adjusters or visits from agency staff, facilitates prompt response from company staff and follows up on claims status to keep clients informed and to work toward settlement of claims.
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate process of transactions and other responsibilities
- Refers current and prospective clients to Benefits Department and to Commercial Insurance for solicitation of those lines of business.
VAST puts great value in the Personal Risk Manager position by offering a highly competitive wage in exchange for knowledge and experience, as well as an excellent benefits package.
- Complies with continuing education requirements for agent licensing as well as professional designations.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverages, sales skills and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Relationship
- Problem Analysis & Judgement
- Risk Taking
- Planning & Organizational Skills
- Delegation Skills
- Drive & Initiative
Demonstrate strong PC skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of Agency Management Systems and Acrisure Resources.
Must be organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task and be efficient with verbal and written communication skills. Must also have the ability to work with others. Must have a high level of problem-solving skills. Maintain a professional image.
- Work is done in a temperature controlled, non-smoking office environment.
- Some work stations are open-aired cubicles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- There may be some travel associated with this position.
- High level of interpersonal or informational complexity is faced.
- Subject to many interruptions.
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to access all areas of the VAST offices.
- Ability to access all areas of clients’ facilities and grounds.
- Requires some lifting, pulling, pushing, carrying.
- Ability to lift twenty (20) pounds.
- Ability to crouch, crawl, bend, stoop and climb.
- Prolonged periods of sitting.
- Occasional prolonged standing.
- High-level manual dexterity to operate all office machines and equipment.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly with interruptions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED WORK HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Travel is seldom and primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area overnight travel may be expected.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree or the recognized equivalent in education and experience is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in customer service or insurance related field is also required.
- Bachelor’s degree with one to three years of insurance related experience is preferred.
- Must obtain Michigan Property & Casualty License within 30 to 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain Michigan Life, Accident and Health License within 90 to 180 days of employment.
APPLY ONLINE NOW.
ABOUT VAST: VAST is an insurance and risk management firm that was originally founded in 1885. The business has evolved over the past 130 years into the successful organization that is trusted today. VAST is proud to support the communities in which it works. VAST’s mission is to support those communities that support it. Learn more at vastsolution.com
NOTE: This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the work. The principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed.